Monday, February 22, 2010

joy all bottled up


confession...
every time i watch the movie Coraline, i have the strong desire to paint my fingernails blue.
i've been babysitting a little boy who's current favorite movie happens to be coraline.
last week i went out and spent $5 on blue nail polish.
it seems like a ridiculous purchase. however, i'm typing this while my electric blue polish is drying, and it has brought considerable joy to my day. maybe it's worth $5 just for that. and it will last me a while... years of joy, all packaged in a little glass bottle. i guess i've never thought of nail polish that way, it always seemed to be an impulse purchase, but i've always loved the crazy colors they've come out with. i'm not sure how many i currently own, but it's probably at least 50. most of them I don't use... some are definite favorites. the ones i don't use are ones that might work for having to dress up professionally, or they're one's that were given to me, or ones that i've had since high school (that was a while ago! haha)

this past weekend i went with a friend to the Edgar Allen Poe museum in Richmond. also got to meet up with a couple friends while i was there... it was a nice trip. i bought a patch to add to my collection, and a book of Poe's Poetry.
I picked up a magazine on Richmond when we stopped at the Virginia welcome center. I found an add that sells chartered hot air balloon rides. Looked up the website, it's $300 for a single person, $250 per person for a couple. God I'd love to do that. It'll happen some day.

today i start eating healthy again. i gave myself a break from the strictness for a couple weeks. my friend Kirk gave me a link to a meal plan program, haven't figured it all out yet... he also stepped me through some exercises that kick my tail. have to start getting up earlier and heading to the gym immediately upon waking. ugh.
trying not to focus on discouragement, need to focus on the benefits of eating healthy, and all the energy and happiness that i get from working out regularly. i want to become someone that loves working out. it can happen, right?
no, i don't want that cookie, may i have an apple instead? oh, i love salads... haha.
goodness.
i guess even if i just change a couple things a day, make a couple wise choices instead of eating what ever i want, it will help. i do tend to work better with some sort of a plan... but counting things doesn't work very well, mostly cuz i lose track.

today, after babysitting, i'm meeting up with a lady that wants me to do 1 or 2 drawings for her. i'm pretty excited about it... i'm definitely needing the business. goodness.
tomorrow i'm heading to Marion to visit my dear friend Jessica, it will be so good to see her! it's been far too long. she quickly became a best friend while in our 2nd year of ministry school, never laughed harder with another human being. was happy for her when she got married, but i've missed her since she's moved away.

seems there's so much i want to work on/work towards. I spend far too much time on facebook. gotta stop wasting the time i have. gonna start making a schedule to follow... maybe that'll help.

No comments: